Noom is a digital healthcare company that connects people to content, coaching, community, and clinicians to build healthy habits and promote better living. We're a mission-driven, high-growth organization that's powered by science, technology, and world-class talent.
To continue this mission, Noom will be expanding its reach of the Noom Med program by growing our clinical care team. The Noom Med team is seeking a talented and experienced NP with an interest in and strong experience with obesity medicine. This role is fully remote and will report to the Noom Medical Director.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide care for patients seeking clinical expertise in obesity treatment including comprehensive evaluations and personalized recommendations.
- Deliver care through both synchronous and asynchronous patient visits
- Prescribe and renew patient prescriptions, if appropriate
- Consult with Supervising Physicians and/or Noom Medical Director for complex cases and for additional guidance
- Participate in all program required training, meetings, and ongoing educational activities designed to enhance clinical knowledge and enhance patient care, as assigned.
Daily/Weekly Tasks and Responsibilities
- Attending all Noom Med-related trainings or meetings as assigned
- Participate in a minimum of 25 hours/week of direct patient care which may include synchronous and/or asynchronous patient encounters
- Provide constructive feedback to the Noom telehealth team to help evolve and grow the practice
What We're Looking For
- NP Graduate of accredited program with at least 2000 hours of clinical training, including supervised in person training hours
- 2 years of direct primary care/chronic metabolic disease practice experience, including care of disorders such as obesity, hypertension, type 2 diabetes, hyperlipidemia
- At least 2 years of practice experience in digital health/telemedicine
- An understanding of and a willingness to support Noom's org-wide mission of better health anchored in long-term behavioral change
- Strong comfort and familiarity with anti-obesity pharmacotherapy
- The ability to maintain clinical licensure in good standing, and willingness to pursue multistate licensure as needed by the organization
- Ability to fulfill Noom's clinical credentialing requirements for practice
- Demonstrated appetite for working in a growth stage business
- Second-to-none webside manner; ability to conduct patient care with sensitivity, warmth, and empathy at all times
- Strong ability to communicate with tact, warmth, and transparency with the entire Noom team
- 10-20 active state licenses in good standing.
- Technology company/startup experience
- Remote; need ability to work 8 hours a day on a computer
- Ability to work flexible hours from time to time to meet the needs of the practice
- Proficiency in Slack & GSuite applications
What Makes This Job Amazing
- You'll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You'll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting you; we'll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences... you name it!
- You'll become part of our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit team
- We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.
- Other job details:
- Flexible hours depending on licensure
- Hourly compensation
- Malpractice insurance provided
- No call
- The hourly compensation for this position is $60-80 an hour, 40-hours per week.
- By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
- In-office Location: New York, NY, USA
- Remote location(s): United States.
More About Noom
At Noom, we believe that the individual is the greatest force for good, not just in their health but in unlocking their fullest potential. We apply the same principles inside Noom. Across our dynamic organization, we empower our teams to execute on big ideas and we start and end each day with responsibility to make the world a healthier place. Fortune, Inc., Glassdoor, and Crain's have all named Noom a Best Place to Work including being named on Fortune's lists for Best Workplaces in New York, Best Workplaces in Technology, Best Workplaces for Women, and Best Workplaces for Millennials.
Noom is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, caste, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Noom is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com.
To help protect against potential hiring scams, please be aware that all email communications from the Noom Talent team and/or hiring managers will come only from an @noom.com email address. Our assessment process includes multiple phone and/or video interview rounds, and we will never ask you for personal payment, require you to purchase equipment, or extend a job offer without the completion of this interview process. If you are unsure about the validity of a Noom job posting on another website, we strongly encourage you to instead apply directly through our website.
Show more Show less
Company name: Noom
Remote job title: Telehealth Nurse Practitioner Obesity Care Focus
Job tags: Medicine, Treatment, Diabetes