About the Consul team
Note: The Consul team, as well as the majority of HashiCorp, is 100% remote and has been since our company was founded in 2012.
Consul helps organizations automate network configurations, discover services, and enable secure connectivity across any cloud or runtime. Our customers run Consul at large scale and we support customers that run enterprise versions of Consul on their own infrastructure, as well as building our own cloud management plane. The customers and large community of users of Consul are platform operators, infrastructure engineers, and software developers that encounter novel performance, scaling, and usability challenges that we help them solve.
We recently launched Hashicorp Consul Service on Azure, a fully managed application available through the Azure marketplace. We’ve also announced the availability of Consul on AWS through our flagship HashiCorp Cloud Platform (HCP), a self-service, fully managed platform offering HashiCorp products as a service to automate infrastructure on any cloud.
About the role
You’ll be part of a team that owns the set of microservices that run Consul as a service on various clouds, including Hashicorp Consul Service on Azure, and HCP Consul on AWS. We have interesting technical challenges to solve around scaling, upgrade automation, identity management and more.
In this role you can expect to:
- Program mostly in Go, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
- Work on next-generation distributed systems for infrastructure management
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release
- Advocate for improvements to Consul driven by the needs of users consuming it as a fully managed service.
- Working with design, product management and other stakeholders to improve user experience for Cloud Consul. Our focus is to reduce the time to value for users when getting started with Consul as a service on any cloud.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to help our customers when they need it most, with teammates to back you up.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Experience in a lower-level language like Go.
- You are familiar with microservices architectures, and ideally have seen them in operation at a global scale
- You have prior experience working in high performance or distributed systems;
- You’ve been responsible for production services in the past and have a deep understanding of delivering software at scale, and maintaining operational excellence.
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss performance, security, and user interactions in complex systems
- You have built or operated a large scale Cloud service
- You have expertise in one or more of the major public clouds: AWS, Azure, GCP
What is our hiring process like?
The below serves as a basic outline; we may choose to add or remove steps based on the information that we gather during the process.
- Introductory Call with someone from our recruiting team.
- First Interview with an Engineering Manager
- Interview Loop with additional team members, with the following panel:
- Technical Code Pairing interview
- Code Review interview
- Communication and Collaboration interview
- Systems and architecture interview
- If applicable, a final conversation with the Engineering Manager for the team you would be joining
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.
- Pay Transparency Calculator: https://bit.ly/3B7gwql
- Benefits: https://www.hashicorp.com/careers/benefits
- Intern Ranges: https://bit.ly/3H2soha
Apply for job