Title: Senior Software Developer Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Senior Director, Systems Administration Effective Date: February2023
Designs and develops software applications. Performs coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting throughout the application development process
- Work closely with product owners, other engineers and QA to deliver business-centric solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Enhance core business products based on customer requirements and product architect's direction to quickly solve challenging problems.
- Be responsible for task estimation, implementation and issue resolution.
- Participate as a productive member of an agile team of engineers, showing your initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Follow established coding standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the software development life cycle.
- Communicate well with product managers, customer support, and other team members.
- Contribute to the creation of functional and technical specifications.
- Be prepared for leadership opportunities as they arise.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficient in Delphi, including building user-friendly interfaces.
- Ability to create code with a meaningful object-oriented design.
- Experience using Subversion, Git or similar version-control tools.
- Use, develop and debug Oracle PL/SQL code in database packages, functions, triggers, etc.
- Thorough understanding of views, indexes, constraints, partitioning, collections, analytical functions, etc.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests.
- Familiarity with agile/scrum methodology within a defined software development life-cycle.
- Experience developing large enterprise CRM and ordering applications with an international scope.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineer
- 8 years of software engineer experience
- Typical office environment
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times