About the job
UserVoice is searching for its next great Senior Software Engineer. We’re a small team that gets a lot done through high technical competence, open communication, and teamwork.
Our products help software product teams worldwide understand customers' needs and foster collaborative relationships to build great tools.
Most of our engineers are comfortable operating in the back-end and front-end, but we have some specialists. Currently, we are looking for a full-stack Senior Software Engineer to add Go and React experience to our team.
- You’ve got a few years of professional software development for the web under your belt (if you’re just coming out of a code boot camp, this position isn’t quite the right one - we’ll have some of those another time).
- You have a track record of delivering valuable, high-quality features into production. If we ask you to tell us about your work, you can provide specific examples and how you knew it was done right.
- You care about the products you build and how they solve real problems.
- You enjoy collaborating with designers and developers to find the best approach to a problem considering the project’s goals.
- You take quality seriously. You hate running the same test over and over. But even worse, you take it personally when something breaks.
- You have a bias toward action and value outcomes over activity.
- You like to help improve the processes we use as a team.
Some Helpful Skills
- Ruby on Rails
- Relational and non-relational database
- Tailwind CSS
- Tell us about yourself and why a position at UserVoice is interesting.
- Send us your resume or LinkedIn profile.
- Have a fantastic public GitHub repo? We’d love to see it.
- No recruiters, please. Individual candidates only.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend only to apply when they check every box. So, if you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet every point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to chat and see if you could be a great fit. (Thanks to our friends at CultureAmp who came up with this statement- it’s too good and important not to repeat).
We ensure you have everything you need to thrive in and out of work.
- Company values that are more than just “about us page” fodder
- A hard to compete with company culture (see our Glassdoor reviews)
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital and in-person events
- Career growth/education budget (conferences, books, workshops, etc.)
- Accelerated career growth opportunities
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Share Options and 401k
- 4-day, 32-hour work week
Most importantly, it is an opportunity to make a positive and lasting impact on how B2B software gets built.