Purpose of Position
Awin's Product Development department is responsible for all stages of the product lifecycle - from ideation to market release, ongoing operation and continuous improvement. With our main locations being Berlin, London and Hanover, this department is 90 people strong.
Working within one of our agile cross-functional Engineering teams, this role reports to a Lead Engineer. You will be working closely with your team members to implement new features for reporting functionality in our award-winning affiliate marketing platform.
Reporting is one of the key parts in our platform. We strive to provide our customers with actionable insightful reports with comprehensive data representations and useful visualisations.
- Work on Angular single page application to implement new reporting functionality
- Comfortable with applying unit testing, e2e testing (ideally Cypress) continuous integration and deployment
- Contribute to reviews, retrospectives, knowledge sharing, planning and development sessions
- Participate in team’s general technical activities: set up monitoring, improve deployment pipelines, pair programming
- Grapple with business logic and help solve business needs
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written forms (documentation, emails, communication tools) with local and remote team members
Skills & Expertise
- 5 years of commercial Software Engineering experience
- Experience with Angular
- Experience with RxJs
- Focus on well-organised, maintainable frontend architecture
- Deep understanding of micro frontend architecture
- Experience working within a cross-functional engineering team
Although not required, we would be excited if you had experience with some of the below:
- NgRx, AG Grid or Highcharts libraries
- Stenciljs, web components
- Python/Java/PHP for API development
- AWS Lambda-based approach for API development, CloudFront
- General experience with data visualisation applications
- Flexi-Week and Work-Life Balance: We prioritise your mental health and wellbeing, offering you a flexible four-day Flexi-Week at full pay and with no reduction to your annual holiday allowance. We also offer a variety of different paid special leaves.
- Flexi-Office: Do you prefer to work from our cool office, from home, or in a completely different environment? With us, the choice is yours. We offer the flexibility to work wherever you want within our Awin locations.
- Health & Well Being: With our support and access to various initiatives and sports offers, you can devote yourself to your mental and physical well-being.
- Development: We’ve built our extensive training suite Awin Academy to cover a wide range of skills that nurture you professionally and personally, with trainings conveniently packaged together to support your overall development.
- Remote Working: You will receive a monthly allowance to cover a part of your running costs. In addition, we will support you in setting up your remote workspace appropriately.
- Appreciation: Thank and reward colleagues by sending them a voucher through our peer-to-peer program and show your appreciation for colleagues who have gone the extra mile to support you.
Established in 2000, Awin is proud of our dynamic, social and inclusive culture.
Like all businesses, we’ve had to adapt and nurture our culture in a virtual environment. Our virtual ‘Life @ Awin’ hub brings our colleagues from across the globe together for various social activities.
Diversity & Inclusion are paramount to us, and we proudly pursue and hire diverse team members. We champion uniqueness and authenticity; this is who we are at our core. Our network of affiliate partnerships are diverse and transparent, as are the employees powering our vision to build the world’s leading open partner ecosystem. We welcome all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. If you need support at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Apply now to begin the next stage of your career at a progressive company that supports both your professional and personal development.