This is a remote/virtual position. You can work from anywhere!
Carter Lumber is looking for a Commercial Truss Designer for their CMF Design Team. Responsibilities would include, designing roof and floor components and placement plans for commercial and multi-family projects and ensuring drawings are produced accurately and timely based on blueprints provided by customers. Role requires the knowledge of commonly used concepts and practices within the construction industry. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary for this position.
*MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.*
Requirements to be Considered for this Position:
- 1-5 years of experience designing trusses for large multi-family projects.
- Knowledgeable in the basic aspects of construction.
- Complete understanding of processes including: RFI, Submittals, Production Files.
- Previous experience using MiTek truss design software. SE preferred.
- High level of knowledge in the application of the products being designed.
- Competency in basic mathematics, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Knowledgeable in reading architectural and structural plans.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Self-motivate as a potentially remote designer.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Create design illustrations based on construction documents to produce working drawings for customer review.
- Evaluates designs to ensure that design standards are being met.
- Completes and finalizes designs for production and assembly.
Analyzes and Troubleshoots:
- Reviews and analyzes specifications, construction documents, engineered drawings and related designs to determine factors affecting design of the wall, truss and engineered wood components.
- Clearly communicate design concerns and issues with customers to reach a component design solution.
- Communicates with production teams, customers and Plant Managers to ensure designs are accurate throughout the process. Assists sales teams in responding to questions/concerns from customers.
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
Powered by JazzHR