Talent is everywhere, opportunity is not. Sora Union changes that.
Sora Union is a professional services company specializing in design, localization and QA projects for businesses, organizations and governments. The Sora Union team is globally-distributed and made up of diverse and talented professionals impacted by or at risk of displacement due to conflict or climate change.
We're looking for an experienced QA Automation Engineer to join us to help expand our team of diverse and experienced professionals.
As a QA Automation Engineer working on projects in partnership with our clients, you'll work with products and companies both big and small, primarily responsible for ensuring they deliver the highest quality experience possible for their users. You'll work with software developers, product managers, designers, and customer service teams to increase confidence in our clients' releases, including testing applications, investigating issues, and reporting on results.
You'll be successful in this role if you enjoy working towards becoming one of the most knowledgeable individuals about a product and how it gets to consumers. You should be an effective communicator, comfortable exchanging information in a clear and concise way with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
You'll be responsible for:
- Creating, maintaining, and reporting on a reliable suite of tests and regression lists to ensure confidence in the quality of product releases
- Working closely with customer support and internal feedback channels to investigate, triage and prioritize discovered issues
- Becoming a power user of our clients' products, you will understand the functionality at the deepest levels and use that knowledge to improve testing and ultimately overall quality
- Recommending, creating, implementing, reporting and maintaining the UI and API automation tests using the Industry's best coding and automation tools and practices
- Performing and reporting on application performance and security testing
- Executing and reporting on both manual and automated tests
Ideally, you'll have:
- Computer science or math degree with at least 5-7 years in a professional QA role
- Demonstrated ability to use both manual and automated testing methodologies to test web and mobile (Android & iOS) app product experiences and identify discrepancies from functional, usability and design issues
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate with diverse teams, including experts and novices in both technical and non-technical roles
- Experience with automation test tools such as Appium, Selenium, Cypress, Playwright etc.
- Experience with API Automation Testing using Postman, RestSharp, PyTest etc
- Experience with Git and Integrating automation testing with CI/CD tools
- Experience with Performance testing tools such as JMeter and Grafana K6
- Experience in Defect Management Process and relevant tools such as GitHub, Atlassian Jira, Azure Test Plans, Notion, Backlog
- Understanding of Agile, Scrum process
- Knowledge and experience with SQL and scripting for Database testing
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and change, learning new systems, and finding creative solutions
- Proven success working as a self-starter in a fully distributed work environment
- English Upper Intermediate
The QA Engineer role is a full-time, 6 month contract position initially reporting to the COO with a direct working relationship with the engineering leader at the company the team is embedded with. This role is a distributed position, and can be based in any location.
Sora Union is committed to creating and fostering a diverse team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants throughout the application process.
Company name: mmhmm
Remote job title: QA Automation Engineer for Sora Union
Job tags: Python, Java, Appium