The Regional Student Placement Program Manager (RSPPM) coordinates the planning and administration of activities related to the identification, collaboration, and implementation of student clinical placements throughout the Northwest Region. This position operationalizes the clinical placement process throughout the multiple stages of completion on an ongoing basis. The RSPPM utilizes a service orientation, working extensively with managers, clinical partners, and communities, to facilitate the successful provision of clinical learning opportunities and mutually satisfying relationships. With excellent technical and communication skills along with the demonstrated proficiency in data management, interpretation, and reporting, the RSPPM collaborates with managers, clinical partners, and communities to identify and facilitate student clinical experiences and monitor effectiveness of sites for clinical rotations, including preceptorships. Provides direct manager support to nurse technician/interns.
- Coordinates and manages the planning, and administration of activities related to the identification, collaboration, and implementation of student clinical placements for KPNW.
- Works extensively with managers, clinical partners, and communities to facilitate the successful provision of clinical learning opportunities and mutually satisfying relationships between clinical settings and health services academic programs.
- Interprets, implements, and maintains compliance with all state regulations, state boards of nursing, clinical site requirements, and internal policies.
- Schedules student/student cohort orientation and training at clinical sites. Consults with faculty and clinical site to ensure all student clinical site requirements are met including requesting and returning student ID badges, clinical site/floor access and training, computer access, etc.
- Completes onboarding logistics/tracking including completing and submitting clinical site required spreadsheets, forms and clinical site portal trainings and requirements. Manages clinical site requests for student compliance audits.
- Utilizes ACEMAPP student placement software to optimize, track, and manage RN/LPN student placements. Provides ongoing ACEMAPP technical support to maintain current information and data to achieve clinical student placement goals. Develops data reports as requested by clinical sites or operational leaders.
- Responds to and triages problems/concerns related to clinical placements in collaboration with managers, faculty, and program directors. Provides recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborates with Compliance department when non-compliant student registrations are placed on hold from clinical. Coordinates with the Compliance department to ensure non-compliant faculty and students are not in the clinical setting.
- Evaluates and prioritizes academic partnerships with diverse student populations.
- Coordinates with clinical care areas to ensure preceptor program is operational.
- Consults with clinical care sites to ensure a supportive learning environment for clinical students and strong engagement from clinical care teams.
- Provides direct manager oversight of nurse technician/intern and ensures onsite registered nurse supervision of clinical care activities.
- Keeps updated on the specific nursing functions the nurse technician/intern is authorized to perform. Ensures the authorized functions appear on the verification sent to the nurse intern/technicians employer by the nursing program in which the nurse intern/technician is enrolled.
- Interprets, implements, and maintains compliance with all state regulations, state boards of nursing, and internal policies related to the nurse intern/technician role.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience related to clinical student placement and working with academic institutions and health care programs within the past ten (10) years.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing (BSN)
License, Certification, Registration
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post hire.
- Registered Nurse License (Oregon) within 6 months of hire
- Registered Nurse License (Washington) within 6 months of hire
- Five (5) years experience related to clinical student placement and working with academic institutions and health care programs within the past 10 years.
- Masters in Nursing Education
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners