GovCIO is a team of transformers—people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation that improves governmental operations each day.
But we can't do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We're changing the face of I.T. - from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we're excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
Builds and codes application integrations utilizing REST/SOAP API, BGS Webservices etc., without the use of a GUI. Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards. Prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
- Work with the team to write a new integration process that integrates VA’s legacy system with a new case management tool, RES.
- Work with OIT Teams and coordinate on identifying the environments integration work will be hosted.
- Work with existing Benefit Gateway Services (BGS) teams to identify which API services can be used to get data from Corporate Database.
- Work with existing application teams to understand specific needs of each integration.
- Integrate with all necessary applications, working alongside the existing RES development team.
- Create database objects, as needed.
- Assist the team in integration testing of the system integrations.
- Proactively communicate and coordinate with various internal and external project stakeholders.
- Analyzes detailed system factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and alternative methods of problem resolution.
- Assists BA and Technical Writers in creating new operational procedures and documentation.
- Participates in code reviews and Sprint Reviews to represent reviewed work for adherence to contract deliverables and program specifications.
Bachelor's with 2 - 5 years (or commensurate experience)
Required Skills and Experience
- Analytical and investigation skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Experience with Agile Methodology and Scrum Processes.
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Experience with code versioning and project management tools. (e.g. GitHub etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in a remote work environment.
- Must be a US citizen or authorized to work in the US.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with VA and/or other Federal Agencies.
- Understanding of the VA Veteran-Focused Integration Process (VIP) project management methodology.
- Hosting AWS – SQS, Cloudwatch, Lambda, RDS, DMS etc.
- Understanding of existing API services in VA network, writing Oracle PL/SQL procedures / functions / triggers.
- Expertise in system integrations, preferably with knowledge of CorpDB, CSS, eVA, IAM, DGIB, MPI, VA Profile, VA.gov and VBMS.