Sr. Project Manager, Deployment – EPHO
Fully Remote (OK w/out of state candidates; but prefers Northeast Region)
Contract: 1 Year
Hours: M-F, 8:30am-5pm
1. Experience with independently creating detailed implementation cutover plans for Epic go-lives
2. HL7 Integration expertise
3. Project Management Experience - planning projects in detail, setting schedules for all stakeholders and executing each step of the project.
NICE TO HAVES:
1. Experience working within a large, complex healthcare organization
2. Epic Certification
3. Experience at MGB
CANDIDATE VETTING QUESTIONS:
1) Please describe your experience managing projects and project documentation templates.
2) Please describe your experience with implementing electronic health records or other software implementations.
General Summary/ Overview: Summarize the nature and level of work performed.
Working as part of the MGB Digital Health eCare PMO Deployment team, the Senior Project Manager, Deployment/ EPHO should demonstrate an exceptional ability to facilitate, communicate (both verbal and written), and build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization to define and manage scope, timelines, and quality project execution while providing support to teams during the scoping, design, implementation and rollout phases of the project, program, and/or portfolio. The Sr. Project Manager, Deployment/ EPHO is responsible for providing project management and technical oversite of deployment related interfaces, interoperability, reporting, cutover planning, and command center planning and logistics for assigned projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Indicate key areas of responsibility, major job duties, special projects and key objectives for this position. These items should be evaluated throughout the year and included in the written annual evaluation.
• Lead assigned teams through the design, development, and rollout of projects conforming to standard project methods, deliverables, and milestones.
• Work with assigned Executive Sponsors, Project Directors, Application Managers, MGB IS, and/or Committees to:
o Create, organize, and maintain team-specific communication and documentation around meeting agendas, meeting minutes, decision documents, etc.
o Create, organize, and maintain project plan based on interactions with project teams
o Support coordination and updates of team plans within integrated program plan, as required
o Identify and facilitate resolution of inter-team dependencies and competing priorities
o Conform to and support program management disciplines such as status reporting, issue log, risk management, program task metrics and milestones
o Produce and provide project stakeholders with timely status reports and lessons learned
o Escalate and resolve issues/risks in a timely and effective manner
• Applies extensive knowledge of technical integration and interoperability to provide project specific guidance and direction to support timely and quality results
• Develops data sharing strategies and documents architecture
• Liaison with stakeholders, site technical resources, vendors, clinical and revenue resources, MGB Information Systems and other project team members
• Monitor adherence to budgeted hours and other resourcing constraints as applicable
• Identify opportunities in conjunction with the Program Management Office (PMO) to leverage program tools, including Workfront functionality, to support team specific communication and documentation
• Assist with improvement of standard project management methods and tools, where applicable
• Coordinates, leads, and provides status updates associated with the overall implementation of work for all third-party integration, reporting, extracts, web services and testing
• Maintains integration blueprint and tracking dashboard for all integration points
• Leads effort to develop comprehensive, multi team, multi system, cutover workplan
• Coordinates planning and logistics of activities related to cutover event planning and execution at multiple entity sites
• Works with MGB Application Teams to guide the development and execution of cutover approach, work plans at the resource and task level
• Prepares, attends and leads individual team and cross-team work plan meetings and tracks status
• Organizes and presents cutover approach, updates, and status to key internal and external stakeholders, including executive leadership
• Works with MGB Application Teams to drive Command Center planning and execution
• Develops staffing plan with project and entity resources for dry-runs and go-live events
• Develops communication and escalation plan for cutover status communication; conduct status calls and other communication during dry-run and go-live events
• Drives Go-live cutover event planning execution activities
• Establish and create a positive project team environment
• Use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Use/s the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: (Must be realistic, neither overstated nor understated, and related to the essential functions of the job.)
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a clinical or technical field.
• Master's degree in business, project management, clinical or technical field, preferred
• 8 years' experience in project management, preferably within a healthcare environment
• PMP or other PM certification preferred
• Epic experience (certification, proficiency, or as a user) is a plus
• Experience managing package implementations, or the software development lifecycle is a plus
• A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements
Skills/Abilities/Competencies: (Must be realistic, neither overstated nor understated, and related to the essential functions of the job.)
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with integration engines, data exchange standards, HL7, webservices, • Ability to maintain SME level technical industry knowledge
• Able to drive decisions on integration solutions to address complex interoperability challenges
• Able to make effective and technically sound recommendations on how to develop solutions by leveraging interface engines and other technical tools
• Able to craft effective communication strategies, suitable for any level of the organization, motivating and/or persuading as applicable
• Able to transform any document into a presentation, and can engage any audience anticipating questions, and concerns dynamically shifting as needed to ensure consistent engagement
• Able to assess and effectively respond to various communication styles; understand varying/conflicting points of view; and predict the needs and motivations of other parties
• Able to establish and foster a positive work environment, build constructive relationships, and proactively identify and mitigate conflict, diffusing high-tension situations with ease
• Able to assess, evaluate, and redesign a process given feedback and/or experience
• Possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with cross functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization
• Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds an levels within and external to the organization
• Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
• Ability to effectively conduct meetings, both formal and informal
• Requires minimal direction from leadership and possesses the ability to learn quickly