This is a remote position. Candidates must reside in one of these U.S. states: WA, OR, CA, AZ, CO, TX, IL, IN, MA, MD, VA, NC, GA, FL.
Delivers enterprise business intelligence (BI) tools that enable business partners to deliver affordable, high quality patient care and services. Designs, develops, tests, and documents BI and analytics solutions.
BI Development experience with EPIC is highly preferred.
What We Offer
- Salary $96,000-$132,000 DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates (salary will be prorated if less than 1.0 FTE).
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Designs, configures, develops, and maintains data solutions using a variety of data models, software, applications, and programming languages to meet business needs.
- Coaches others on the effective use of a variety of software applications and programming languages.
- Acts as Consultant for BI Analysts, BI Architects, and business partners on BI applications, databases, and functions to promote consistent technical design, minimize maintenance efforts, and ensure data security.
- Collaborates with stakeholders, end users, and Application Analysts to ensure application system design, development, and testing support BI needs.
- Leads the continuous improvement efforts of Developers through the creation and maintenance of code standards, and participation in peer review, code review, and Community of Practice meetings.
- Contributes to continuous improvement efforts of the BI Team by leading team meetings and participating in retrospectives.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and/or installs equipment or software.
- Evaluates, researches, and recommends equipment and/or software maintenance and upgrades.
- Documents incoming technical support calls and project work efforts into tracking database to ensure timely resolution.
- Provides advice to Information Services (IS) leadership on acquisition of new software.
- May perform duties as a Scrum Master which include leading scrum rituals, monitoring team health metrics, promoting automation, and eliminating obstacles so that tasks may be completed and goals achieved. Evaluates capacity for new requests in collaboration with the product owner of the roadmap.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in the Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Public Health, Healthcare Administration, or Business Administration. Associate’s Degree in Computer Science and two years’ experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree. Technical Degree and two years’ experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree. Four years’ experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree.
- With Bachelor’s Degree, 7 years’ experience in BI development.
- With Associate’s Degree or certificate from a technical school, 9 years’ experience in BI development.
- With High School Diploma/GED, 11 years experience in BI development.
- BI development experience in a healthcare setting and/or with Epic is preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: One or more of the following: Multiple Epic Certificate Training Statuses may be required, or ability to acquire multiple Epic Certificate Training Statuses within 120 days of hire. Tableau Designer or Developer Badges preferred. Epic Healthy Planet certification highly preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of Epic, Microsoft, SAP, and Tableau Reporting and Analytic Tools. Knowledge of Dimensional and relation data models, especially Epic Cogito. Knowledge of Agile Software Delivery, Scrum preferred. Knowledge of Data Quality and Data Governance Principles and Practices. Ability to advise the product owner on the technical solution of the product. Ability to independently assess product challenges and develop effective solutions. Ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent priorities. Ability to develop reports, extracts, universes and cubes using Microsoft, Epic, Tableau, and SAP tools. Ability to design effective test plans. Ability to document technical specifications and data flows. Ability to identify technical debt and manual processes that can be automated. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to come up to speed quickly on new reporting languages, applications, and data models as needed. Ability to analyze complex data and communicate observations in a simplified manner. Strong analytical and decision making skills to be able to assess the root cause of an issue and determine an optimal solution. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel PowerPoint, Epic and SAP.