Performs disciplined and detailed reporting and analysis of customer data that enables corporate growth, engagement and retention of diverse customer base across all formats. Provides fact-based data-driven insights on customer behavior and lifetime values that directs change in the business and drives incremental revenue. Executes concise and actionable business reporting with customer insights. Works with team members and business partners to define requirements for analysis to implement more profitable "best practices."
- Gathers data, applies analytic methods, and synthesizes conclusions into recommendations and presents findings to managers and business partners.
- Anticipates additional questions based on the findings and ensures data set is constructed to answer those questions.
- Develops, maintains, and enhances reporting and analysis processes to help generate profitable incremental sales in marketing.
- Prepares documentation for developed analysis to support business strategies.
- Serves as a team leader for automation, stream-lined processes, and technical "best practices."
- Works with offshore resources to implement automated and frequent ad hoc requests. Identifies and communicates data inconsistencies.
- Takes initiative to determine root cause and makes recommendations for resolution.
- Utilizes analytics to provide business recommendations to management and advises business partners.
- Constructs experimental designs to answer business questions.
- Creates business financial models or test plans as needed to enable businesses to understand the value of specific promotional tactics.
Master's degree in Business Administration, Data Science or a related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent) plus 3 years of experience performing business analysis based on data, modeling, and forecasting to support strategic decision-making within the service and e-commerce domain.
Alternatively, a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Data Science or a related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent) and 5 years of experience performing business analysis based on data, modeling, and forecasting to support strategic decision-making within the service and e-commerce domain.
Must also possess the following skills:
- (1) Demonstrated Expertise (DE) performing business analytics and data management within the service industry using SQL (Teradata, MySQL, Snowflake, DBeaver) to produce concise conclusions from raw data and drive solutions according to business requirements;
- (2) DE performing data modeling, prediction and optimization to improve business metrics by utilizing Agile process including SCRUM, JIRA project management, programming software and languages, including Python, R, SQL, and Excel;
- (3) DE publishing reporting and analytics utilizing reporting software including SAP Business Objects & Web Intelligence, Microstrategy, Tableau and Excel to aid business decisions and drive profits;
- (4) DE performing regression analysis, optimization techniques and simulation models to run various business scenarios and analyze different outcomes, and Monte Carlo simulations to account for and manage uncertainty in business decision-making; and,
- (5) DE performing data mining and predictive modeling using R programming and related algorithms and technologies to deliver business insights and recommendations.