This position allows for 3-4 days per week remote / work from home.
Salary: $80,000 - 90,000/year
We are seeking an experienced practice assistant for its Boston office. The practice assistant is responsible for administrative support for assigned attorneys. Duties include typing, filing, answering phones, making copies, opening and distributing mail, completing client/matter intake forms in the CMI program, finalizing bills and creating/preparing cover letters for same, submitting expenses, answering incoming calls, taking accurate messages and/or directing calls to the appropriate person, coordinating meetings and creating reservations for meetings in Condeco software program.
- Type and edit documents from handwritten drafts and from Dictaphone/Winscribe, including correspondence, memos, spreadsheets, etc. and proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of final work product.
- Review bills for accuracy and prepare transmittal letters to clients.
- Establish, update and maintain client and internal files. Retrieve information from files when needed.
- Open and review incoming mail. Draft written responses when necessary, or reply by phone or email as needed.
- Reconcile and submit attorney expenses using Chrome River software.
- Maintain attorney calendars; coordinate the scheduling of meetings, and make reservations for same using Condeco software.
- Answer phones, take accurate messages, routes calls appropriately and respond to all inquiries.
- Make photo copies and scan documents as needed.
- Experience in Leasing/Loan Transactions/New Commercial Loans/Refinancing/Acquisitions.
- Ability to generate Closing Binders - customary process as well as CD program
- Ordering/drafting/tracking documents required by lenders for closings.
- Working with attorneys on due diligence matters.
- Positive personality and strong interpersonal skills
- File organization and maintenance.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Candidate must have at least three years of prior experience in the commercial real estate department of a law firm.
- Detail oriented
- Knowledgeable of commercial real estate
- Organized (file maintenance expected)
- Quick learner
- Can communicate written/verbally
- Computer savvy
- Ability to work on challenging billing
- Must know how to do closing binders
Powered by JazzHR