Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Wreno provides a new labor supply at scale for all home management needs. Our technology platform organizes, trains, and dispatches an on-demand, national workforce. Together, our workforce and technology provides a faster, more cost-effective service of single-family home maintenance, repair, and renovations for our iBuyer, REIT, and other institutional real estate firm customers.
Our first backend-focused engineer will be a crucial member of Wreno’s initial engineering team. This engineer will be responsible for creating and deploying our first productionized microservices, which will support all of Wreno’s internal and external product offerings. Our backend engineer will help define APIs, implement backend communication standards, and choose the right tech for each given use case. They will collaborate with Designers and Frontend Engineers in order to ship new products. Their services will need to be able to receive and respond to requests from front-end applications, and store and handle data with focus on scalability and security. If interested, this person can also take on dev-ops responsibilities, such as instrumenting our initial CI/CD pipelines, deploying and managing staging and production environments, and creating internal tooling and development infrastructure.
WHO YOU ARE
You write clean, testabale, maintainable code, and have built productionized services that successfully interact with other services, databases, and frontend APIs. More importantly, you are a thoughtful and collaborative engineer capable of not only building the services and systems needed to support our products, but also supporting other engineers and helping iterate on our team’s process and development standards. You love to support the work of others as much as your own and are willing to wear multiple hats to get products launched and into users’ hands.
- 5 years of experience as a backend engineer
- Experience launching, maintaining, and monitoring microservices in production
- Ability to lead technical architecture discussions and propose technical direction for new initiatives
- Can communicate technical concepts/decisions effectively with engineers and non-technical stakeholders
- Eagerness to improve technology and team process iteratively over time
- Experience with Node.js/Typescript microservices (preferred)
- Experience with AWS (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (preferred)
Wreno is an Equal Opportunity Employer.