Time zones: SBT (UTC 11)
, GMT (UTC 0)
, CET (UTC 1)
, EET (UTC 2)
, MSK (UTC 3)
Headway is looking for an experienced Golang developer who wants to join a product team. Our products growing fast so it's time to refactor core functionality to improve reliability and scalability.
We are an EdTech business with the mission to support, motivate and provide every person on Earth with an enjoyable and accessible way to grow. More than 10 million people worldwide already use our app.
Apple recognized Headway in categories like "App Of The Day" and "New App We Love" in more than 100 countries. Headway`s biggest markets are the USA, the UK, New Zealand, Canada, and many more.
Yet, for us, it's just a start!
As a Backend developer your mAin responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Build and mAintAin scalable robust and performant backend services
- Write high-quality code with high test coverage
- Take ownership of the architecture design development and joint lead deployment initiatives with other tech stakeholders in the company
- Support services, react to alerts
- Other miscellaneous backend/development tasks
- Back-end (2 years with GoLang 4 with other languages for backend development)
- Experience with Payment Processors (Stripe (or similar) / Google/ Apple) and web-hooks
- Experience with NoSQL and Column-oriented DBMS
- Experience with message brokers
- Devops - basic linux administration / Google Cloud / CI&CD / Github Actions. Terraform / Kubernetes are nice to have.
- Fluent English (Read/Write/Speech).
- You have a hacker approach - you make things work with smart scripts/ ideas/ and out-of-the-box thinking
- You are responsive and responsible and take full ownership of your work
- You’re a good communicator and team member
- You are comfortable willing and able to yellow assimilate in a short time our best practices and guidelines and follow them You pay attention to details
- You don’t need to be given A-Z instructions to do what needs to be done. You’re pro-active engaged and self-motivated
- You're looking for a role that helps you grow professionally and personally.
- You are able to work during EE(S)T hours during weekdays and you're comfortable troubleshooting critical issues as they arise (in/outside of working hours)
- Match the values of the team: SELECT
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity to be part of a super agile challenging and rewarding journey
- Friendly/supportive work environment where everyone is encouraged to be the best version of themselves.
- Access to products/solutions to enhance/facilitate your work
- A human-oriented leaves policy
- Free access to our products
THE HIRING PROCESS
Phase 1: Candidates that completed the Challenge and answered our questions will be interviewed (60 to 90 min). This is not a technical interview it’s a culture fit one.
Phase 2: Selected candidates will be asked to take a test (paid) OR Tech Interview. Test details will be provided upon reaching this phase.
Phase 3: Candidate(s) that passed the test and fit our culture will be hired
Are you in? ????