An excellent Frontend developer is required for our remote-first team.
This is a full-time contract and most of our developers have been with us for many years.
You will work remotely for us, probably from your home in Eastern Europe or the APAC region, and we will do everything possible to make you feel part of the team.
You will be expected to work 8 hours per weekday. To ensure effective communication with the rest of the team, and also to take part in required agile ceremonies and meetings, your working day must include the hours 10:00 to 14:00 GMT, including during British Summer Time.
Recruitment Agencies and Outsourced Development organisations - please don't waste your time approaching us - we are only willing to hear directly from real, independent candidates.
Every application must have a CV attached as well as an indication of your required salary.
You will be required to take technical tests and attend a number of interviews with our current developers.
As a senior frontend developer, you'll spend your time developing and improving our products, for example:
- Taking a shaped spec of requirements and designs for a new feature to a deployable PR
- Propose, evaluate, discuss trade-offs of different architectures for a given feature
- Peer-review PRs and give constructive feedback
- Participate in planning and development of AngularJS 1.0 to VueJS migration of RS Voice
- Maintaining existing codebase. Fixing bugs, improving performance, refactoring to remove tech debtsetc.,
You're friendly, collaborative, pragmatic and you love technology.
Your goal is to make the customer happy by delivering the right product, not too much, not too little.
You care about quality: not just in the end product, but also in delivering code that other developers can maintain. Whilst you’re self-sufficient in the areas you know, you also aren’t afraid to ask for help when you need it.
- VueJS: Our stack is primarily VueJS. Strong experience with any one of component based frameworks React/Vue/Angular/Svelte is required.
- Refactoring skills: you know how to improve code that is out-of-date and not well maintained when necessary.
- Clean coding and documentation: you write code that is easy for others to understand first and foremost, only adding comments and documentation when truly necessary. You avoid writing clever or elegant code at the expense of readability.
- Excellent browser debugging and troubleshooting skills - primarily on desktop browsers, but this may expand to mobile devices should our business requirements change.
- Quality first: knowing your way around a test framework and how to write testable code is central to your practice
- Security ingrained:You know your CAPTCHAs from your SQL injection from your brute force attacks, and how to specify and develop to mitigate them.
- English: not only did you understand this advert, but you could write it too - and more importantly, you can debate your technical solutions with developers and business people around the world.
- Experience with AngularJS 1.0 (We are in the process of migrating to VueJS)
- Experience with TailwindCSS
- Experience with D3JS or similar charting libraries.
- Experience with SVG
- Graphic / design / UX skills