ADDITIVE is looking for a self-driven, experienced Backend Developer with a passion for web technologies and has experience in designing complex backend architectures with Laravel.
Who We Are
At ADDITIVE, we unleash the full potential of hotel distribution by creating software that sets online marketing on autopilot. Our fully automated data-driven solution optimizes occupancy, attracts the ideal guest, increases customer loyalty and drives revenue - all while making the customer independent of intermediaries, such as OTAs.
The Backend Developer will work on a team of ADDITIVE backend developers, frontend developers, designers and stakeholders in order to understand requirements and collaborate on solutions, as well as feature development. The ideal candidate is self-driven, team-oriented, enthusiastic about web technologies and industry best practices and is experienced in working on Laravel production apps.
- Developing backend web applications and API’s with Laravel
- Connection of external systems and interfaces, including the processing of large amounts of data
- Writing maintainable, well-documented code with extensive test coverage
- Responsibility for features together with the team consisting of frontend developers and designers
- Exchange of experience and knowledge transfer within the department
- Research and evaluation of new technologies, innovations and trends
- Driving force for new creative ideas and technical solutions
- Several years of experience in the development of applications using a PHP framework
- Good knowledge of database and SQL (PostgreSQL)
- Well-founded knowledge of interfaces (REST, JSON, XML)
- High demand for quality and innovation, especially analytical capabilities
- Sense of responsibility and reliability
- Proactive and goal-oriented working
- Willingness to engage in dialogue and work in teams
- Interest in technologies, innovation and trends
- Good English or German language skills are necessary
Nice To Haves
- Previous remote working experience
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Annual grant for books, conferences and training
- Independent and self-reliant work
This is a remote role, but we are only hiring within Europe. This is to enable timezone alignment and occasional physical meetups in the future.