UserWise is building a sophisticated game operations platform for the world's top mobile gaming companies. We are bold adventurers looking to revolutionize the gaming industry by making it faster and easier for game studios to engage with their players.
What is our culture and team like?
We're a team of talented individuals who love our craft
and do our jobs well. We believe we are the best in our fields and want other A players to come join us. We are all adults and take responsibility for our roles while encouraging and supporting those around us. We will build you up and equip you to be your best self possible. We wont drag you down. We wont get in your way. We wont force you to work in a way that makes you unproductive.
We believe in the speed of trust. You should be able to ask anyone at UserWise to do something and have complete trust that they will get it done for you. No need to badger or check in. We're all here to support each other. And we expect the same out of you.
Everyone at UserWise is about our core values. We're all:
- User Focused
We are collectively on a mission to engage and entertain the world. ????
We are constantly dreaming, testing and optimizing. We believe in open communication, transparency, support, pride and happiness in the work we do each day.
We work exceptionally hard but we also believe in work life balance - there's far more to this life than work.
While we constantly blow away people by how much we accomplish in so little time, we all take significant time off to enjoy life (and you should too). Time off allows us to foster the creative juices that help us solve the previously unsolvable. We're able to accomplish so much because we have the most talented people that can just get more done far faster.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for world-class, full-stack developers to build the UserWise platform. We are looking for developers who rise amongst the rest. Bold adventurers who want to change the mobile gaming industry with us.
We want you to:
- Have a genuine passion for coding and get excited about learning new languages and platforms
- Have an ability to troubleshoot and solve challenges independently and with a team
- Be excited about developing a platform supporting hundreds of game devs, reaching millions of gamers
- While you may have an area of concentration, you understand everything about the front and back end
Bonus points if you love to play games. And extra points if you've built games.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5 years of experience in a professional work setting (we're open to waiving time requirements if you blow us away on your programming tests)
- 3 years of software development experience
- Programming experience with front and back end; bonus if you have experience creating toolsets
- Experience with a web framework like Ruby on Rails or Django
- Experience working with MongoDB, postgres, redis, memcached, elastic search, and key-value database technology
- You have experience working on a SaaS platform
- You have experience working with server side code, API’s, and databases
- Experience with test driven development
Our Tech Stack:
- Ruby on Rails
- Angular 8
- Android / iOS / Unity SDKs
Benefits and Perks:
- Self improvement - Annual funds towards self-development such as books, courses, and industry conferences and events - including GDC. Our policy is that you should always be learning. What you're learning we don't really care - we cover the costs of pretty much anything you want to learn because you never know how that could positively impact the company.
- 100% Paid benefits - We pay 100% of the insurance coverage so you and your loved ones can stay healthy.
- 401k Match - We match 100% of the first 4% you contribute.
- Work from anywhere - Work from a home office or a coworking space that’s convenient for you.
- Unlimited vacation - A supportive team that actively encourages you to take time off and recharge. Our official policy is to be an adult. Take the time you need but don't leave your team in a tough spot. Our leadership team tries to set the tone by taking 7 weeks/year off, but everyone sets their own schedule. As long as you get your work done we really don't care.
- Equipment budget - New hires receive a home office budget and company provided equipment needed to do your job well.
- Parental leave - For all parents, you can take time off as you’re welcoming a new member of the family.
- Work with game studios - The gaming space is one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries to work in. Work with studios large and small in all manner of genres. Your research will include things like playing WoW, Candy Crush and Mario. Yes, we get paid to play games.
UserWise is an equal opportunity employer. UserWise does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.