Car & Classic are looking for a Senior Full Stack Laravel developer to join our growing team, work remotely, and help build the world's best car website.
You should be a detail orientated developer who is comfortable with asynchronous communication. You should always be looking to improve and grow. You should be a self-starter able to manage your time and commitments. You should be passionate about the frontend and backend.
Car & Classic has the world’s largest selection of classic and collectable cars on sale. We aim to provide the safest, most trustworthy method of transacting specialist vehicles and our online auction and transactional products are revolutionising the way these vehicles are bought and sold in Europe.
Our culture is incredibly important to us. We’re lucky enough to have built the team from scratch with a focus on enjoying the day-to-day, diversity, inclusion and high performance. Despite being an entirely distributed business we build strong connections as colleagues and have created a fun and high performing culture.
The business is growing fast, more than doubling year on year and we’re well funded and backed by leading investors including VC fund Passion Capital. Whilst the team is only 65 people now we expect to double over the next 12-months. We’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Laravel Developer that has good, relevant experience and wants to make their mark in a rapid growth business where they can make a real difference, whilst enjoying the environment and culture.
Finally you don’t have to love cars to work here (and lots of our team don’t) but for those who do this is an incredible opportunity to combine your passion and professional lives – we look forward to hearing from you.
About the role
You'll be working within a growing engineering team that is always looking to improve. You'll get to work on important features and given autonomy - and with our growing team, your impact is integral to our continued success.
You'll focus on ensuring Car & Classic runs smoothly for all of its users. You will help design & deliver features for our customers within our Laravel codebase.
This role requires strong written & verbal communication skills, alongside extensive PHP knowledge. You'll be given the autonomy and space to focus on your work, without micro-managing and unnecessary status updates.
Role and responsibilities
- Delivering high quality, tested, Laravel & Vue.js
- Working closely with our UX and UI team members to improve our users’ experience on the site with carefully designed components & journeys
- Reviewing colleagues pull requests
- Documenting key architectural decisions
- Mentoring more junior members of the team
- Prioritizing long-term thinking to solutions over short-term bandaids
- Contributing in Sprint Retros, Sprint Planning, & technical speccing
Our current tech stack
- PHP 7.4 (PHP 8.0 shortly)
- Laravel 8
- Vue.js 2
- Tailwind 2
- MySQL 5.7
What you get (remuneration & benefits)
- Salary between £50, 000 - £60, 000 dependent on experience ????
- Stock options ????
- All the equipment you need to get the job done ????
- Flexible working - work where and when you want in order to get the job done ????
- Learning and training - AWS Certification, Eloquent Performance Patterns, and more ????
- Access to free counselling, therapy and mental health support via Spill ????
- Professional development allowance ????
- Company paid team retreats ????♂️
- Income Protection ????
- Life Cover ????????????
- Smart Health ????
- Generous parental leave ????
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) & any period of closure over Christmas also paid ????
- Ability to make your mark on a fast-growing start-up ????