The Giving Block is a venture capital-backed company that makes it easy for nonprofits to accept donations in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, while offering donors a more tax-efficient way to support their favorite projects. We are the market-leading provider and work with over 1300 nonprofits, including large organizations like United Way Worldwide and the American Cancer Society. We are well on our way to raising over $100 million in crypto donations for our clients and will continue to grow rapidly in 2022.
Our goal is to make accepting cryptocurrency donations as easy as paying by credit card. Help us empower nonprofits around the world with the ability to accept cryptocurrency donations to unlock an exciting new wave of funding and accelerate their missions!
We have more projects on our roadmap than ever before and are ramping up our development efforts once again. The candidate will have the opportunity to participate in the development of our core technology and integrate it with nonprofits, industry-leading crypto products, and our ecosystem partners. As with most startups, your work will vary from day to day, so no two days will be the same. If it's a good fit, you will have the opportunity to take on leadership roles.
Key technologies we use: TypeScript, Node.js, AWS, PostgreSQL, Redis, koa, joi, awilix, Swagger, Docker, Git, the frontend is based on React.js.
Here are some examples of the work you will be doing every day:
- Designing, building and maintaining end-to-end backend services using TypeScript, Node.js and our company's framework.
- Writing well-structured, maintainable, and efficient code along with unit tests.
- Integrations with third-party APIs, development of our public API.
- Research and analyze epic tasks and collaborate with the product team.
- Ensure security and quality of backend services as we deal with our client's money.
- Provide production support, troubleshooting and bug fixing.
- Storage layer: design DB schema, SQL query writing, query performance analysis.
- Collaborate with the development team, QAs and product team on system improvements and selection of tools and technologies, code review.
- Assist the team in creating and maintaining tech documentation.
- 4 years of experience as a back-end developer with at least 2-3 recent years of experience with NodeJS
- Experience with TypeScript
- You are skilled in SQL databases, OOP, SOLID, system design, design patterns and GRASP
- A thorough understanding of writing secure code and an awareness of common security vulnerabilities in web applications
- Strong communication skills in English
We count as a plus
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL, cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud), message queue (RabbitMQ, AWS SQS, Kafka), Docker
- You have designed and developed web services or/and done integrations with third party APIs
- Experience in production support (troubleshooting, bug fixing)
- Interest in blockchain, cryptocurrencies, and/or non-profits
What we offer
- Competitive compensation (salary, benefits, equity, etc.)
- Three weeks of paid vacation and 10 company-wide holidays
- Flexible work location and hours (fully remote)
- Company issued laptop and equipment
- We work with agile methodologies without unnecessary bureaucracy
- No legacy code and no significant tech debt
We’re building the future of giving. Join us in creating positive change through innovative technology!