Become part of a small team and shape the future of our grandparents' and parents' lives.
What we do
In our vision of the future, more and more people will grow old in their own homes. To make this possible, we need to change the approach to how we care for them. We believe that the virtual care home will become the norm and that's why we have already started to work on it today.
The first building block for our vision is to bridge the digital divide between the possibilities of the digital world and people that do not can or want to use a smartphone. In the last four years, we developed CARU care - a digital flatmate that provides access to digital services via voice.
"People want to grow old at home independently and actively.
Technology will be used to provide them with decentralized care. At the moment, we are therefore at the beginning of a massive transformation towards digital care.
CARU care is a state-of-the-art technology hardware-software platform to provide a reliable and simple interface between all stakeholders, enabling the digital care of the future."
Susanne Dröscher & Thomas Helbling, Co-Founders of CARU
Who we are
CARU is a Swiss company that was founded in 2017 to bring peace of mind to our aging society. We are located in a beautiful area in the heart of Zurich.
We are a small team and value a close community with weekly meetings and regular get-togethers.
Working at CARU is highly meaningful from day one. We provide a working environment where you can grow both personally and professionally.
Our products are CARU care (www.caru-care.com - smart home care alarm system) and CARU air (www.caruair.com - CO2 monitor and traffic light).
How we work
Our software engineers are part of a small distributed team of dedicated crafts(wo)men. We already have team members located in Switzerland and Croatia.
Because of our small team size, we heavily rely on automation. We fully embrace continuous integration and strive to achieve continuous delivery for as many systems as possible.
We give our engineers the autonomy they need by letting them organize themselves during our two-week sprints. At the same time, we encourage techniques like (remote) pair programming and code reviews.
- We focus on the needs and abilities of our target user group (age 85 ).
- We create a reliable solution that our users can depend on.
- We protect the privacy of our users.
How you can help
At the moment, we are looking for someone to drive forward the Backend and Frontend of our device and alarm management platform. If you can identify yourself with our mission and feel at home in these parts of our stack, we would be stoked to receive your application.
Skills we value the most (ordered by importance):
- Curiosity / Urge to learn
- Experience with AWS (or other cloud offerings)
- Comfortable working in a distributed team
- Python expertise (or willingness to acquire)
- Communication (coaching/knowledge transfer, constructive discussion, pair programming, … )
- Experience with modern frontend frameworks (preferably Vue.js)
- Experience with modern testing practices (CI/CD, TDD, … )
- Experience with Event-Driven Architecture
- Experience with large scale IoT deployments
- Some overlap with Central European Time (UTC 1)
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Swiss work permit if you want to join us in Zürich
Let’s build the future of aging together!
More information on https://jobs.caruhome.com/senior-full-stack-engineer