WalletConnect is the open-source web3 standard to connect blockchain wallets to dapps. Started four years ago, our mission is to make web3 accessible to everyone. Every month, millions of people use WalletConnect in over 300 integrations.
We’re looking for a backend golang engineer to join our team to build and scale our network. To help grow web3, we recently launched WalletConnect 2.0 with new features, including multi-chain support, a decentralized back-end, faster connections, and 10x performance and scalability. You will help us expand and scale our backend messaging infrastructure.
To learn more about our plans for 2.0, take a look at our recent presentation at EthCC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cBIw7lFNnU
You will be responsible for building Golang messaging services. A main challenge is growing our services to scale for our millions of users across billions of websocket connections every month, as well as ensuring security and resiliency.
To help with your role, you will have the support of our devops team to deploy and manage our infrastructure, will work closely with our protocol and SDK teams, and have exposure to the full WalletConnect stack.
The ideal candidate is immersed in both best practices of golang at scale, messaging systems and websockets.
- Building a microservice architecture based on Golang with scaling in mind
- Work with protocols such as Websockets, gRPC
- Help with monitoring by creating metrics with Prometheus and Grafana
- Develop unit and integration tests for core business logic
- Work closely with our devops team to manage and scale our infrastructure
- 3 years professional experience in software development at least one modern programming language, including Golang, TypeScript, C , Java, or Rust.
- At least 1 year of professional Golang experience.
- Event Driven Message Queue systems experience
- Kafka, RabbitMQ, NATS and Redis Streaming
- Experience using Postgres, AWS, with demonstrable experience with systems engineering and automation.
- You have experience with network programming or distributed systems development
- Experience working on products at scale
- Microservice architecture experience
Nice to have:
- Experience working on systems optimisation
- Experience with k8s or Nomad a plus
- Desire to learn more about Blockchain technologies or experience with PoS systems.
- Familiarity with operations/SRE and the concept of infrastructure as code
- Websocket experience
What WalletConnect offers:
- Fully remote position with flexible timezone (CET/EST preferred)
- Competitive salary
- Company equity
- Coworking allowance