Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, ART (UTC -3)
, UTC -4
, UTC -4:30
, UTC -3
, UTC -2
, SBT (UTC 11)
, GMT (UTC 0)
, CET (UTC 1)
, EET (UTC 2)
, MSK (UTC 3)
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to work with the development of our core backend service and provide leadership and mentoring within the backend team.
In this role you will be tasked with designing and developing our backend services as well as supporting our customers when they need technical help. You will be working with a team of Senior Backend Developers, participating in planning and implementing long term technical roadmaps.
Our backend services are implemented in Go and PHP, where the PHP parts are considered legacy and will be replaced with Go over time. Our storage solutions vary from MySQL, over AWS Athena to Redis, and asynchronous jobs run with AWS Lambda. Our frontend is written in React and NextJS with Tailwind CSS. You will be expected to be able to implement interfaces for features you develop in this frontend too.
As we are a small team you will be working closely with the CTO and other Senior Engineers to define the scope of work before executing the planned tasks alone. Because of this we are looking for a candidate who is a strong communicator, works well in a remote setting, and can solve technical problems without much guidance. This role can eventually evolve to a Team Lead within the LootLocker technical organization as we grow the company.
- Minimum 5 years of professional backend development experience
- Working knowledge of PHP
- Extensive experience from storage technologies such as MySQL, NoSQL and Redis
- A great sense of technical excellence, functionality, and problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Experience with AWS services such as Lambda, EC2, Fargate, RDS and other services.
- Experience from the gaming industry
- Knowledge of C# and / or C
- Previous work with high availability solutions
- Passionate about gaming