HeySummit is a VC-backed virtual event platform that allows thought leaders and digital creators to easily run summits, conferences, talk series and webinars. So far, thousands of event creators have run 6,500 events...and made over $10 million in ticket revenue along the way.
Our customers love the product (we’re rated 4.5 out of 5 stars on Capterra). And we’ve grown 400% in the past 2 years.
About this role
As is often the case with early stage startups, product innovation is often rapid in the early days. Whilst this enables quick decisions to be made and helps accelerate growth, the downside is that it often creates bloated code and awkward UX. To that end, we're now looking to roll out a brand new design for our virtual summit management portal and we need your help making it a reality.
The design is ready to go - all we need now is an exceptional and opinionated front-end developer to help us make it a reality. As part of this role you'll be working closely with our CEO and product team; however we'd love to bring someone into the team that is both capable and wanting to play a major role in defining the front-end architecture.
Once the new design has been incorporated there are a number of other front-end focused projects we're excited to start working on.
- Take Figma designs and convert them into clean CSS, HTML and JS markup (creating components where possible to help speed up future development).
- Leverage Tailwind UI's framework for all styling (we currently use Twitter Bootstrap).
- Work within the existing Django architecture and templating system.
- Take ownership of our entire front-end architecture and strategy.
- Pixel obsessed - you can spot a misplaced pixel or elements that don't line up and make a point of getting it right.
- A follower of DRY (don't repeat yourself) principles - when coding you're always thinking about ways to either standardise the code or turn it into reusable components so that you or others in the team aren't having to repeat themselves by writing the same code over and over.
- Proactive and creative - you like nothing more than digging into code and creating beautiful proof-of-concepts.
You must have
- At least 4 years of experience in front-end development roles at software startups
- Advanced experience with the Tailwind UI framework.
You (ideally) have
- Some working experience with the Django web framework. This isn't essential but since our entire platform is developed with this framework it would be hugely advantageous if you were at-least familiar with it.
- Experience working with Figma designs.
- 30 days flexible PTO
- Remote-first culture
- Remote-work equipment