At F5, we strive to bring a better digital world to life. Our teams empower organizations across the globe to create, secure, and run applications that enhance how we experience our evolving digital world. We are passionate about cybersecurity, from protecting consumers from fraud to enabling companies to focus on innovation.
Everything we do centers around people. That means we obsess over how to make the lives of our customers, and their customers, better. And it means we prioritize a diverse F5 community where each individual can thrive.
About the position:
F5 is looking for a hands-on Sr. Security Engineer with experience defining and verifying secure configurations across infrastructure! F5's Edge 2.0 platform provides global, scalable, and secure way to deploy applications. We are involved in all aspects of defining security configuration benchmarks and verifying that they are implemented accurately and are maintained during any change in the system. You will be one of the gatekeepers in every update to the platform. Is this the right opportunity to grow in a collaborative environment?
* Collaborate with software architects, security defenders, Operations, SRE, compliance specialists, and business leaders to understand the logical boundaries of the systems and identify the systems where security configurations are necessary to be compared against benchmarks defined as standard methodologies in the industry or required by applicable compliance programs
* We write and maintain policies and procedures around configuration benchmarks and implementation/verification/documentation of them and any associated changes
* We perform impact analysis of all security configuration changes and act as one of the gatekeepers during any system change
* We define access control around configuration changes and define procedures around integrity check, rollback, and fail-safe deployment
* We implement automation around unauthorized configuration changes and work with other security teams to raise alerts
* We work with other members of operations and security teams to centralize the configurations such that version control and audit is easy
* Demonstrate technical leadership in multiple domain areas, providing mentorship to other team members
* BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 5 years with deploying and integrating security technologies
* Experience with Center for Internet Security (CIS) benchmark and CSA Cloud Control Matrix
* In-depth experience with Linux administration, File systems, OS controls
* Good understanding of firewalls and their ruleset
* Good knowledge of at least one Cloud Computing platform (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute etc.)
* Familiarity with microservices architecture, and configuration models of Docker and Kubernetes
* Hands on experience with computer programming languages and/or scripting languages such as Python, Java, Shell
* Good understanding of complexities and security challenges in large-scale distributed systems
* Self-motivated and willing to delve into new areas and approach new challenges in with passion
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong interpersonal, team building, and mentoring skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. F5 offers a variety of reasonable accommodations for candidates. Requesting an accommodation is completely voluntary. F5 will assess the need for accommodations in the application process separately from those that may be needed to perform the job. Request by contacting [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Sr Security Engineer - Configurations(remote virtual).