Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it's our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need - saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our 'Done Right' promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we're not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think we're creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we're here, but the perks are nice too:
* Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
* Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
* Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
* Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
* Enjoy a 'Dress for your Day' business casual environment.
* Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
* Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
* We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines' non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering 'Low Fares Done Right' to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier's hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company's signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration's 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry's most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies
What Will You Be Doing?
The Analyst II, Ancillary Revenue Data Scientist will develop and apply statistical modeling and data science as well as product management techniques to advance Ancillary revenue performance. As an integral part of the Revenue Management team, the Analyst II will own the code development of new analytical products and new models, and will work with internal stakeholders and external partners to achieve rapid evolution in customer-centric, customized offers and business process. You will be joining a data-led and high-profile team; a great way to leverage your experience with data to drive results!
* Design, execute, and deliver advanced quantitative analyses and multi-feature models to drive decision-making and actions, either by analysts or by systems;
* Leverage big data, capabilities in cloud environments, and multiple sources of data to identify signals and integrate those signals into modeling for explication, prediction, or production
* Lead in fulfilling other general analytics requirements;
* Perform Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) to gain insight into customers' shopping behaviors, their response to Frontier's offers, and how to better meet their needs;
* Generate modeling hypotheses using multivariate statistical approaches as well as modern Machine Learning based descriptive approaches;
* Lead the implementation and industrialization of the developed models in the production system, including all phases of the code lifecycle;
* Explicate the results of quantitative analysis and multi-feature models and communicates to stakeholders, including senior management;
* Work primarily in Python, MS SQL, and other big data environments
* Provide expertise in coding and applied economics across Pricing, Revenue Management, and Ancillary teams;
* Develop and deploy customer-centric analytics, utilizing cluster analysis, collaborative filtering, and randomized elasticity testing;
* Create and maintain code standards, code library, and workflows where industrialized processes are necessary;
* Participate in peer reviews of analytical designs and code to advance revenue optimization;
* Assist, mentor and guide junior team members;
* Assist in the transition to streaming data for several sources
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field required;
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Business Analytics, or other analytically focused programs preferred
* Previous use of MS SQL, Python, and other big data technologies
* Previous professional use of statistical analysis software preferred
* Two (2) years of professional data analysis preferred
* Experience in an airline pricing, yield- or revenue management, revenue analytics, revenue systems, or similar role preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Proven ability to independently perform quantitative analysis and model development
* Able to apply concepts from economics and pricing management to coding models and analytical products
* Able to efficiently summarize analytic approaches and products and present insights and actions to upper management
* Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Must have good attention to detail for reporting and analysis
* Ability to work collaboratively with other departments, partners and staff
Standard office computer equipment
Work Environment / Remote Work Options
* This role can be based at our headquarters in Denver, CO or anywhere in the United States via a remote work arrangement (periodic travel to Denver from a Frontier-serviced city required)
* If remote, you must be able to follow our remote work policies, including ability and comfort level working from home with access to a high-speed internet connection
* If headquarters-based, typical office environment, adequately heated and cooled
Generally, not required.
General Direction: The incumbent normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments.
$67,080.00 - $83,850.00
At Frontier Airlines, we wholeheartedly support and have a strong commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action. Frontier is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender variance, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, martial status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military, veteran status, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Diversity is an essential part of our success. Our company flourishes because of the unique backgrounds, skills and ideas that our team members contribute every day. We salute and actively recruit veterans. Military experience is valuable and transferable to many of the positions essential to the operations of our airline.
Frontier Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace. All prospective DOT safety-sensitive employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP). Further, any DOT safety-sensitive job applicant who is found to have tested positive on any required drug or alcohol test at a former employer will be considered ineligible for employment with Frontier.
COVID Vaccination Policy for New Hires
Where permitted by applicable law, all candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based jobs, if not already employed by Frontier Airlines. Proof of vaccination will be required at hire.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.