Vericast is a leading marketing solutions company, delivering actionable insights and expertise through its Valassis and Harland Clarke omnichannel solutions, to help more than 70,000 businesses engage with their customers. Every day, Vericast influences purchasing and transaction behavior of more than 120 million households - impacting where they eat, shop, buy, save and borrow. Follow Vericast on LinkedIn and Twitter to learn how Vericast drives commerce.
Vericast is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer who can develop modern, scalable applications. Full stack engineering has improved and matured dramatically in the past several years, and we're adopting the best technologies and patterns available. You'll help us continue to define and implement a world-class front-end platform as well as the backend services that support it.
You will work with a team of talented engineers responsible for the full lifecycle of production systems, software, tools, and flows. These are all critical to our business, helping us architect, build and maintain a self-service portal to enable our users to build and launch digital campaigns. Our success depends on your work.
You'll work daily with UX and visual designers, other engineering teams, and product owners to help build the best products and experiences. If you enjoy creating highly interactive applications and solving complex problems with the latest technologies, this is the role for you.
* Build, scale, and maintain our services and web-based applications
* Collaborate with team members to deliver both client- and server-side functionality
* Work with internal and external customers to define new features that will drive our business
* Contribute to our team's continuous efforts to improve quality and efficiency of development platforms, tools, and processes
* BS in Computer Science or related field (with significant Computer Science coursework), or equivalent work experience
* 6 years of relevant development experience
* Excellent object-oriented or functional programming skills
* Strong analytical problem solving skills
* Experience with system architecture and design
* Proficiency with frontend web technologies such as React or Angular
* Proficiency with high level languages such as Java or Python
* Experience as technical lead: determining implementation tasks, tradeoffs, and milestones
* Experience mentoring or otherwise informally providing leadership to other software engineers
* Experience with Agile/Scrum
* Experience with highly scalable systems
* Proficiency with algorithms, data structures
* Proficiency with good software design and writing modular and testable code
* Proficiency with SQL, especially PostgreSQL
* Proficiency with the full web stack: from databases and web servers to the quirks of cross-browser compatibility
Technologies We Use:
* Frameworks: React, Angular, Spring, .NET, Postgres
* Tools: Git, Jenkins, Rundeck, Docker, Kubernetes
Salary: $180,000 - $200,000
Position is eligible for an annual bonus incentive program
The ultimate compensation offered for the position will depend upon several factors such as skill level, cost of living, experience, and responsibilities.
Vericast offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K matching and generous PTO allowance. A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available, not to mention smart and friendly coworkers!