Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. Were committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for their family and home. BJs Wholesale Club offers a collaborative, team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow and excel.
Reporting into the Senior Director, Fuel Operations, the Fuel Pricing manager will be a working lead managing the fuel pricing function for BJs Wholesale Club. This manager will make strategic and tactical pricing decisions for all BJs retail fuel locations and will have responsibility for data analysis and identification of key performance metrics for the fuel division.
The individual will need to respond tactically to specific market situations and must have the ability to manage between short and long-term planning and strategic decision-making relative to site-level fuel pricing, margin, and volume performance. Comfort and agility with large data sets and complex analysis is a must.
- Manage day-to-day retail pricing across the BJs retail fuel network, using a combination of proprietary and licensed software applications. This includes assessing the pricing of fuel by analyzing market trends and making the most cost-effective decision for each specific location.
- Manage pricing analysts and serve as the primary contact for pricing issues and/or inquiries. Required to manage and organize weekend pricing coverage, including personally handling the weekend price rotation 1 to 2 times per month.
- Provide data analysis using available databases, systems, and BI tools. Manage all departmental pricing files and information in an organized and easy to access manner.
- Assist in the development of site level fuel margin and volume objectives.
- Report, as necessary, on pricing data to determine competitive market conditions and optimum fuel and supply strategy.
- Prepare performance projections to assist in earnings forecasts and assist with fiscal year fuel budgeting process.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local laws regarding supply management, pricing, and record keeping.
- Follow-up with individual stores, as needed, with issues, or questions.
- General support across multiple business functions for the fuel department.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in Business Analysis, Mathematics or Financial Analysis required. Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Analysis required. MBA preferred.
- Experience with SAP, Fuel Smart, Price Advantage is a plus. Very comfortable with IT systems, strong knowledge of the complete Microsoft Office suite, with near-expert level Excel skills. Ability to understand and develop constructive partnerships with functional business partners on a day-to-day basis and ability to negotiate with business partners at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage high volume of work, time sensitive pricing tasks, and ability to meet project timelines.
- Work location will be in the BJs Home Office environment, with limited travel.
- [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Remote Pricing Analyst (Fuel)